Becoming a Tenant with PH4L
You can contact us directly on 01752 317408 or by following the “express your interest” link below. Our phones are staffed between 9.00 am & 3.00 pm Monday – Friday. You can leave a message outside of those hours and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
PH4L works in partnership with :
You are required to provide 2 references for your tenancy: this should be a past landlord reference and an employer reference. Tenants unable to provide the above can be considered on their individual circumstances.
You will however need to have access to funds to cover the following at the start of your tenancy:
The tenancy provided will be a six month Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement (AST). At the end of this period it will automatically become a Statutory Periodic tenancy, all terms and conditions unchanged.
The AST may become 6 month contractual tenancy if the tenant requires.
Longer terms certain may be considered.
Plymouth Energy Community ( Or Cosy Devon in the rest of Devon)
www.plymouthcommunityenergy.com or contact: Tel. 01752 477 117
Energy Best Deal
- www.goenergyshopping.co.uk – Ofgem guide to comparison sites, rated for confidence and impartiality. Suppliers include:
- Spark energy, who are prepayment meter specialists
- Ebico, who have a tariff with no standing charges.
(We are not recommending these suppliers specifically – just highlighting the services they offer particularly relevant to people with prepayment meters)
- Switching whilst on debt: If you have energy debts under £500 (including on prepayment meters), or disputed debts, you can still switch energy suppliers.
Help with solid & cavity wall insulation
ECO scheme (‘Energy Companies Obligation’)
- Affordable Warmth scheme – including help with boiler repairs & replacements
- Help with solid & cavity wall insulation
- Help with insulation/glazing depending on postcode/income
Priority Services Register – for disabled, pensionable aged, chronically sick and vulnerable people:
- Help with relocation of or changing energy meter
- Bill nominee scheme – a copy of all bills get sent to a nominated person
- Advance notice & support during energy supply interruptions
- Free gas appliance safety check.
General hardship and debt information
CAB Advice Guide www.adviceguide.org.uk – a very useful online resource Citizen’s Advice Bureau. If you have access to the internet (you can also get computer access at your local library) you can look here before contacting the CAB direct.
Citizen’s Advice Bureau / Advice Plymouth Drop-ins:
Ernest English House, Buckwell Street, Plymouth PL1 2DA : Mon – Fri 9am-5pm, open on Thurs till 8pm
Money Advice Service – 0300 500 5000 (free service helping people manage their money)
National Debtline – 0808 808 4000 (free help and advice for people dealing with debt)
Turn2us – www.turn2us.org.uk (can assist with access to benefits and grants)